Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Annual Art Show Starts Tomorrow!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!  The art work is up and on display!  It looks so AWWWWEsome!  Every year at this time I panic and wonder will I have enough work, will the work look as wonderful as last year, and will all my students remember to bring stuff back for display?  And every year it comes together, with so much help from my middle/high school students hard work and assistance.  I wish dearly I could wait til this time of year to grade all the work.  It always looks so different when it is on display and not piled high on my desk or in the hand in box.  I just want to commend each and every one of my art students in K-12.  All are so talented and this is what its all about, seeing each and every one of my student's individual creativity shine.


I hear so many compliments and admiration for our kids work.  I always feel guilty when people say, "This is so wonderful to see!  You have some really nice stuff on display."  Honestly, its not my stuff.  The kids did all the hard work.  So with that said thank you to my students and job well done!  I also want to say "thank you" to our community members for supporting the Visual Arts, without your support and value of the Arts none of our kids could explore so many different avenues of learning and discovery.


So please don't forget to stop out and visit us starting tomorrow night, March 15th, at 4:30 to vote for your favorites.  Awards are based solely on "People's Choice", so every vote counts!  I will post pics very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment